Our Mentees lead for-profit companies, social enterprises or non-profit organizations. They seek to gain new knowledge, experience and influence from more experienced business women in order to better develop their businesses and the local community.
Our Mentors are women executives drawn from the private sector, government, media or civil society. They share with their mentees advice and guidance, over time helping them to build critical communications, advocacy and business skills, and to develop strategies for advancing their work and positively impacting their communities.
Selection: The mentee selection process is rigorous and applicants must demonstrate a successful track record, with the capacity and intention to build her business/enterprise/organization and her own leadership ability. Mentors are selected from a pool of candidates in the larger World Woman Club network.
We address these missing elements through our unique mentorship approach. Through in-depth interviews before each program, we align a mentee’s particular business challenge to a Mentor’s area of expertise. Our pre-trip assessments often reveal knowledge gaps or core competencies undisclosed in application materials or company bios. This tailored matching takes time and analysis, and we rarely pair two people from similar industries.
- One-on-one, group and peer mentoring provides an ecosystem of support and a “safe space” for learning and connecting.
- Business skills training led by experts incorporates strategic planning, financial management, human resource management, marketing and communications.
- Leadership, personal development and goal-setting sessions provide mentees with tools they need to thrive both at work and at home.
- Organizational growth — sales, workforce and indirect beneficiaries
- Progress on SMART goals set during the program
- Organizational leadership progress
- Ongoing mentoring relationships and new contacts made.